Calories Spent / Steps Covered:
- We fetch steps information from Health kit. If information is not coming, give permission in health kit app to allow “Smart Diet Planner” to fetch data.
- We multiply steps number with .04 to compute calories spent in steps.
- We add BMR on calories spent in steps to compute Total calories spent.
- At the moment you can add calories burnt from other activities besides Step , that is coming soon.
- BMR is Body metabolism at rest i.e. how much calories you will burn even when you are not doing any activity.
For the BMR calculations we are referencing the Mifflin – St Jeor formula (established in 1990, superseding the 1919 Harris-Benedict formula).
- Calories are based on the diet plan of a particular date. In case you had updated the plan with some different option then the updated information is only considered.
- At the moment you cannot track whatever was eaten beyond the diet plan. That is also coming soon
- Difference between Calories spent, and Calories consumed.
- You would lose weight if calories spent are more.
- Negative value indicates you had spent lesser than what you had consumed.
- Approximately 7000 calories Deficit leads to 1 Kg of weigh loss
- Target to have 12 to 15K Deficit a month for 1.5 to 2 Kg of weight loss. So each day target 500 cal of Deficit.